Roman candles come in a variety of sizes and effects. From a few shots to hundreds per candle. Quiet or noisy, colourful or crackling there’s plenty to choose from. You can create some great effects by placing candles at different angles.
Our amazing Roman Candles for sale are available for all budgets and can be altered by firing at varied angles. We provide Roman Candles in the UK with free delivery for orders over £249.
Showing 1–24 of 29 results
These are some of the best roman candles available to the general public, great fired in pairs, in threes and more !
Roman candles are a traditional type of firework, which can fire a varied number of shots.
Some of our Roman Candles for sale can reach heights of up to 25 metres and feature a variety of firing patterns and colours.
We supply both low-noise candles for small garden displays and loud candles suitable for large bonfire displays.
History Of Roman Candles
Despite the name, Roman Candles, like most fireworks, originated in China. The history behind the name ‘Roman Candle’ is a rather unpleasant one.
This is because, much like the Catherine Wheel, the Roman Candle is named after an ancient torture device used in the Roman Empire under the emperor Nero.
How To Use Roman Candles
Of course, when learning how to use Roman Candles, the first thing we recommend is to read the instructions carefully as you should be following them closely to ensure your candles get the desired effect.
Make sure your Roman Candle is pointing towards the sky as the stars they emit can ignite things if they land before going out. When you light the candle, make sure you back away quickly and let it fully burn out before attempting to go near it.
Most importantly, make sure you do not light a Roman Candle in an area where there are things that could easily catch on fire, a wide-open space is preferable.
Roman Candles are great fireworks, but what makes them better is their ability to be combined effectively with other fireworks, like fountains and sparklers, which all create unique and beautiful patterns.
Powerful Roman Candles For Sale UK
All of our Roman Candles for sale are highly powerful fireworks. The fireworks are ignited from the top of the firework and are created from the chemical compound of bentonite, black powder, lifting charge, pyrotechnic star and delay charge.
Due to Roman Candles being lighted from the top, the firework requires to be pointed away from people and directed towards the sky for safety precautions.
Roman Candles fire both single and multiple shots via a tube, all options from our selection are sure to create a fantastic show. You can also find some of our candles in our firework display packs, which have a variety of fireworks for great displays.
Our Most Popular Brands
We have a terrific selection of different brands that are experts in providing you with the best Roman Candles.
Well-established names like Lesli Fireworks, Celtic Fireworks and Standard Fireworks continue to create innovative products, and we make sure that we are some of the first to get our hands on them.
With these names behind these products, you can be guaranteed quality and reliability.
We always want people to have fun using our fireworks, but we consistently have to advocate for absolute safety around fireworks. It is for this reason that we have created a specific Firework Safety page for you to digest this information and use accordingly. This includes information on all our fireworks, including Roman Candles.
Smoke Grenades Just In
Check out our new range of smoke grenades available in a variety of colours.
– You will receive your order the following working day from day of despatch (not including Saturday/Sunday). We endeavour to dispatch all orders placed before 12pm the same day although this is not always possible in our busy season, October – December. If you require your order by a certain date enter this in the “order notes” section on the next page. All dates are treated as the latest date for delivery NOT the date you would like delivery.
Hold For Later Delivery
– This option is for those who would like us to hold on to their order and deliver it nearer to the date of their display. You should enter this date in the “order notes” section on the next page.
Collect from Chelmsford Store
– Select this option if you would like to collect your order. Enter the date you would like to collect and AM/PM in the “order notes” section on the next page. Collection is not available on SATURDAY 2nd NOVEMBER 2019. You will be required to bring the card you used to pay with and photo ID before you can collect your order. THESE MUST MATCH.
Add to Existing Order
– If you already have an order with us and would like to add to it before it is shipped, select this option then enter your existing order number in the “order notes” section on the next page.
– Enter the date you would like your order delivered in the “order notes” section on the next page. If this is blank your order will be delivered on the next Saturday after the day of ordering. PLEASE NOTE it is not possible to deliver orders on the Saturday either side of Bonfire Night, Christmas or New Year
– Your order will be delivered before midday the day after it has been dispatched (excluding Saturday / Sunday)
Before 10:30 am
– Your order will be delivered before 10:30am the day after it has been dispatched (excluding Saturday / Sunday).